A Reminder About App Security
Protect your personal information and privacy when downloading apps. Follow these tips:
- Download apps from reputable sources. (e.g. Apple’s App Store, Google Play)
- Read customer reviews and ratings.
- Look for apps with higher numbers of downloads.
- Research the app developer.
- Review the app permissions. These outline what information the app has access to once downloaded.
- Password-protect your phone and applications in case your device is lost or stolen.
Before selecting an app, decide what you want to accomplish, whether it’s monitoring spending, conducting transactions or some other function. And remember, whichever app you choose, it won’t do the work all on its own. If you’re committed to entering, monitoring and using the data, an app can become a very convenient assistant.