Here’s a fun dessert that your youngsters can help make. It’s a great treat for Thanksgiving.
Prep/Total Time: 15 min. / Serves 6
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup chopped Diamond of California® Pecans
- 32 gingersnap cookies, crushed (about 1-1/2 cups)
- Additional whipped topping
- In a large bowl, beat milk and pudding mix on low speed for 2 minutes. Stir in the whipped topping, pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. Fold in pecans.
- Spoon half of the mixture into parfait glasses; top with half of the gingersnap crumbs. Repeat layers. Top with additional whipped topping.
Originally published as Pumpkin Crunch Parfaits in Country October/November 2001, p51